Wednesday 25 May 2011

Had the test

Yesterday I went for the blood test for Lyme Disease Serology.  I then made an appointment to see my doctor in just over 3 weeks time, to allow for the results to return.  Regardless of whether or not it is a positive result or not, she can then refer me to the consultant who can then start trying out whatever treatment protocol he thinks is appropriate.  The Lyme Disease tests are notoriously inaccurate as the Lyme bacteria can 'hide' so diagnosis is not dependent upon a positive result as the timeline of the rash and then the symptoms starting are enough for the consultant to base a diagnosis on.  I am so glad now that I took photos of the rash and that I had to seek my old GPs help in clearing up its infection as nobody can say tht I am making it up.  Having been diagnosed with CFS for so long, I have become all too aware of peoples scepticism when you have symptoms that cannot be seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment